Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Favorites #15: Week of 6/13/14

Hi friends and hello Friday! I am pretty pumped for today because I'm going on an adventure. Well, I'm not sure if adventure is exactly the word, but for me it is because I have no idea what is about to go on! Billy has a surprise planned for our year and a half anniversary; all I've been told is what to wear, what to bring and when to be ready to go. I'll be sure to share on Monday what we did! 

This week flew by to the point where it hit me yesterday that it was about to be Friday and I hadn't started my list of favorites yet! Have no fear, I thought back through the days and pinpointed a few. :)

--Organization
The other day when I went to paint my nails I realized how incredibly disorganized they all were. I knew the color I wanted but it took me taking about 8 different nail polished to find the right one. This is when I made the decision something had to be done. I'm so happy with the drawer now. It is neat and orderly and I can easily see everything! I also came arose manyyy polishes I did not know even existed, which was exciting! I basically went shopping in my own collection!




--Ice Cream
Sunshine and summertime calls for ice cream! I mean...that's what I'm blaming it on currently. LOL. No really, I am a sucker for a bowl of ice cream. And if there is a Dairy Queen close it's game over, a blizzard will mostly likely be purchased. Even though I am a fan all varieties my favorite flavors would have to mint chocolate, cookie dough, cookies & cream, and strawberry cheesecake. 



--Epsom Salts
Growing up I remember watching my grandma use epsom salts for a variety of reasons; sunburn, dry skin, bug bites, and muscles relaxation. I personally have always used epsom salts after sports, dance and a harder workout to help tired muscles. As I was walking through the store earlier in the week I passed by these on the shelf and figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up a bag. I was glad I did because after my workout on Wednesday a nice relaxing bath with epsom salts did just the trick!



--It's Back!
Pretty Little Liars is BACK! Season 5 premiered on Tuesday night and I'm sure you all could assume I was anxiously awaiting this for a while. You're right, I was! I know this season is going to be another good one. In case your a PPL fan and are not at this point yet I am not going to give any spoilers of the episode. I can tell you that the show has lived up to its reputation of keeping you wondering! 


Source

You recognize this photo from Instagram on Tuesday!

--18 Months
As mentioned earlier in the post, today is Billy's and my year and a half anniversary. I'm so thankful to have hit another milestone with this guy! With a little extra time on my hands not having school work to worry about I decided to get crafty for my gift to him. I did some searching on Pinterest and man it took me a while to narrow down the choices I had, there are tons of awesome ideas. 


Happy anniversary babe! I love you!

I debated going into detail about what I was doing because Billy does read my blog. He even subscribed to my emails! He normally does not see it until later in the night though so I'm in the clear because by time he does, he will already have the gift in his possession! 


This was found on The Dating Divas blog. I took the general idea and then made it my own.


Each bag contains items that either are practical based on the sense. They range from things that Billy likes personally to silly gifts. On the bag itself I wrote a meaningful phrase that tied to the senses.

• Sight: It was love at first "sight."
• Taste: My first "taste" of love was when I met you.
• Small: You are a breath of "fresh" air.
• Touch: Your love "touches" my heart.
• Sound: I love picking up the phone to "hear" your voice.




--Post This Week
Is Less Really More? on Thursday 6/12/14:



What were your favorites this week?

❤ Nichole 

16 comments:

  1. Have fun and Congrats on your anniversary! What a great idea to celebrate :) Very impressive Billy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! He can get pretty creative and sneaky!

      Delete
  2. That is so cute! Love the 5 senses! And congrats! Can't wait to hear about your adventure ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was so unique when I saw it I couldn't pass up giving it a go! & thanks!

      Delete
  3. Wow good idea to organise your nail varnishes, I always end up smudging my base coat looking for a colour after I changed my mind. Also I have never heard of epsom salts I wonder if it is a US/UK thing, I will have to have a look if you can buy them in the UK. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if they are just a US thing or not :// I looked it up though and it seems that they are available to you too! I found this site: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2891246 that had quite a few different options/opinions on where to go. Hopefully that helps! They really are a great thing!

      Delete
  4. Aww, congrats for the month and a half together =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I am not the only one who struggles with keeping their nail polish organized! And congratulations on your anniversary- I LOVE the gift idea! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost four and a half years and so coming up with creative ideas is getting more challenging- I have never seen this idea! Too cute!
    -Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when you go through a buying spree of them and just set them in the drawer as compared to organizing them (raises hand slowly lol). And congratulations to you too! Definitely take a look around The Dating Divas, there site seems to have a lot of awesome suggestions!

      Delete
  6. I love the photo at the end of this post! And that 'senses' gift idea is absolutely lovely, hope you both had a great anniversary together :)

    Meg | meg-says.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ice cream looks amazing! And what a cute idea for an anniversary gift! I still don't know what to do for my boyfriend for our 2 year anniversary in August. Congratulations on the milestone :D

    hellomissjordan.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First congrats on your own milestone coming up! I would take a scroll through Pinterest. There are so many cute, unique, DIY gifts as well as ideas for things to purchase. When I don't have something on top of mind I always head there.

      Delete
  8. congratulations on your anniversary guys! :) I'll be reading what happened next..I hope so anyway! :) Nichole, I feel like such an addict of nail polish after seeing your drawer :( & I really want to get into watching PLL again, they stopped it in the UK so I did start watching it on some website but I don't remember where :( I want the UK to bring it back or can't I just come & live with you for the series?! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna!! I have a slight…ly large obsession with polish lol. Season 5 is off to a crazy start! Hopefully you can find the site again and watch:)) But yea definitely ya know, just hop a flight on over hehe!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...