Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Photo Album #8

I can't believe this is already my 8th week of this series! But hey, time flies when you're having fun! 

About three hours away from my home is a lovely place called Mackinaw Island. It is one of my most-liked places for a getaway. Honestly, we are spoiled by having it so very close. Every inch of the island is filled beauty and history - it is actually listed as a National Historic Landmark. Another interesting fact is that the use of motor vehicles has been prohibited with the exception of emergency vehicles and snowmobiles during the winter months. Travel is either via foot, bicycle or horse-carriages. Fudge is also a hot commodity! It is a must to do lots of taste-testing and of course, we never leave empty handed! My favorite thing to do when I'm there is to find a quiet spot and watch the sunset. Fun fact…the header photo of my blog is one I took while up on Mackinaw Island last summer!

The photos I am sharing with you this week are from a family trip to Mackinaw in 1995!


My dad and I


My brother and I


My dad, brother and I


My mom, brother and I (pardon my brother's duck face!)


My dad and I

Do you have any place like this in or around the area where you live?


❤ Nichole 

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post idea! Lovely post!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ! My friend Kayla started the idea for it and asked me if I wanted to do it with her and I was really excited to:) It's important to remember the good times from the past! Far too often the bad is all that we an recall easily. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. These pictures are all so cute! I grew up in Michigan and we went up north pretty much every summer but I've actually only been to Mackinaw once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate in the fact that I have only ever crossed the bridge twice! You and your hubby will have to make a trip to visit sometime!

      Delete
  3. ooooh the cuteness! :) how adorable are the matching outfits too :) I can't say I do have any place like that :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks Anna! We were always matching! And sometimes still try to! It's definietly really lucky to have so close. A 3 hour drive and I almost forget I'm still in my same state<3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...