Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Photo Album #10

So I definitely love a long weekend like this past one, but I always end up coming to the same conclusion later in the week - how is it already *insert day here*! Does this happen to anyone else too? Well, it is Wednesday and with that brings the excuse to share a few more pictures with you all! 

The year is 1993.


I don't believe there is any specific day or event associated with these photos, yet just a normal night at home with the family. It appears that my brother is trying to help me play the piano. 

Fun fact: We still have the same piano 20 years later!


Okay, maybe I'm doing more pounding then playing. I doubt the sounds of Beethoven were coming from the living room this night. Whatever is going on, we look like we're having some fun! 


And I guess I decided to end the lesson a little early!

When I saw these pictures it reminded how there has always been this part of me that wishes I knew how to play the piano. When I was in 4th grade I remember taking recess time to get together with a friend to have her help me try to learn. However, being a 4th grader eventually I wanted to head on out to recess and the lessons were put on hold...indefinitely. It would still be great to do someday.

Have you ever come across a photo that reminds you of something you wanted to do?

❤ Nichole 

12 comments:

  1. Love this so much! It's exactly why I wish I had siblings. To look back on cute kid photos of us together haha.
    It's so cool you still have that piano! You should recreate one of the shots :P
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love that idea! We should, that would be absolutely awesome. I think my parents would love it too.

      Delete
  2. So cute! My family had a piano, but I never learned to play either. My Grampy bought it for us hoping my sister and I would learn someday, but we never did. I still feel bad about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, I think it is so cute that you call him grampy. That is one of the best grandparent nicknames I have ever heard<3 What an amazing story attached to the piano though!

      Delete
  3. I love that you include more than one photo from these events. I only ever have like one photo from a day/event. I like seeing the progression of things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Its been a plus that I have been scanning so many photos lately so I've been able to find/pick out a couple!

      Delete
  4. Aw, how cute! I am not musically inclined so when I played the violin in middle school, it was more like "faking". I never practiced so I would just move the bow slightly above the strings and no one ever knew I wasn't really playing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. Gosh. That is hysterical!! It's one thing to fake playing but the fact that they never even noticed is the cherry on top!

      Delete
  5. The sAme thing happens to me, the days just fly past and I always find my self saying blimey is it ___ already!
    You two were such cuties! You should recreate the photos with the same piano!

    X Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one!! :p And yea I'm thinking we are going to have to do so! :) Such a wonderful idea!

      Delete
  6. I just adore these posts. It's so fun getting a glimpse into when your life as a child. You & your brother are just precious! I've never played the piano before... and not quite sure I'd be that lovely @ it Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's always been so good to me and my best friend<3 I wasn't when I tried, but have always loved the idea of it! I don't even think that I could tell you what key was what anymore :/ haha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...