Monday, May 26, 2014

MIMM #15 {Weekend Randomness!}

Hi there everyone! There is lots of marvelousness happening in the US this Monday as most people have the day off, which means one less of the work week. Today's a national holiday over here called Memorial Day. For those of you who may not know what that is, Memorial Day is a day where those who have died in military service are remembered. It also has become a day where those who are active in the military are honored. A special thank you to those who have served and currently do!

This weekend didn't have one specific theme, so here's to sharing some (good) randomness for MIMM!
Thanks Katie :)

Was pretty low-key. I've been on a real kick of sleeping in post-graduation, but have plans to change that really soon! The late morning and afternoon were consumed with doing some things around the house. I noticed my nails could use a new coat of polish and with the holiday coming up I felt a shade of blue was in order. When dinner time came my mom and I ventured to make a recipe I found on Pinterest - buffalo chicken wraps. They were a success! I posted the recipe on Saturday, but incase you missed it you can find it here. The day closed by watching "The Monuments Men" with my mom, dad and brother. It's based off a true story from World War Two, very interesting to say the least.




If you're a fan of buffalo sauce these definitely are for you.

Began by baking strawberry cheesecake cupcakes with vanilla frosting. I thought it would be fun to decorate them for spring and to do so I added green food coloring to the frosting with the final touch of sprinkles on top! Once those were finished my boyfriend and I were off to the gym. After the gym we headed over to my house to help with yard work. Our night ended sitting around the bonfire!








Massage chairs - the best part of the workout.




I got to ride the big tractor.



Sunday:
Turned out to be quite relaxing. In the early afternoon my family and I watched the Indy 500. When the race was complete I replaced that with episodes of Gossip Girl! Truth: I'm obsessed. Throughout the day I also was working on scanning photos, which you may have noticed has become a weekly task of mine. Another weekly task I want to get back to is drinking more water after reading a fellow bloggers post about adopting healthy habits so, I went searching for my 64 oz bottle. Thanks Chrissy! Last but not least to wrap up the weekend I found out that I will be participating in the Neon Dash 5k next weekend with my friend Heather and could not be more excited! It looks like it will be a blast!


Coco was all for the relaxing.


Source


Source



Was happy to find these in the cupboard.
Source

What random things did you do this weekend??

❤ Nichole 

7 comments:

  1. Great weekend round up!

    I used to LOVE Gossi[ Girl, I haven't watched any in so so long! Maybe I should go back to the beginning with it and catch up!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm much the opposite hehe. It took me so long to give it a chance. But better late than never right?? If you loved it before based on what I have seen I think you will definitely want to start again:)

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear you and your family enjoyed Monuments Men as Joshua and I have been thinking about renting it on iTunes. I'll have to let him know it's a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend it! My dad had been wanting to see if forever and we all really enjoyed it! Hope you and Joshua do too!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for the race! Love the water tumbler, they definitely help in drinking more H2O and am completely obsessed with using them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I am too:)) Is it Saturday yet?!?! And yes they do! Especially that one being 64 ozs. It is heavy, but worth it. Keeps me on track!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...