Tuesday, April 22, 2014

F.E.A.R

We all have some sort of bucket list filled with a variety of different items. These are things we want, wish and hope to someday do. So, when push comes to shove what is keeping us from actually narrowing the list down? Yes, okay, maybe somethings aren't feasible at the time because of resources available, but I am almost certain that's not the case for it all. Whether we realize it or not, fear comes into play and holds us back. 


Ask yourself one question, what would you do if you were not afraid? The answer is probably most everything you physically could on your list right?

Now before we go further, fear is and takes on a different meaning for everyone. Which means this is all based on your definition. For me, fear is not what happens on Halloween. It is when I am nervous to take a risk. I am a conservative person and like to play by the rules. It's no secret that it is easier to stay with what you know then step out of your comfort zone. 

Source
I have gotten better at taking risks although I'm still not great. My rational will come out and try to eliminate me from doing so. The thinking that has helped me take more risks is knowing that everything that happens, happens for a reason. And I have always found it important to live in the moment. This leaves me two choices; sit at home or take a chance. 

If fear wasn't a factor, which it doesn't have to be, I would do everything and anything that I could! But, since it doesn't have to be a factor let's not allow it to be! How does that sound?? Together, let's take a chance! 

Source
"The only mistake that can truly hurt you is choosing to do nothing simply because you're too scared to make a mistake." ~Unknown

Questions of the Day:
1) What does fear mean to you?
2) How do you overcome it?
3) What's on your  bucket list?
❤ Nichole 

8 comments:

  1. I have to share this quote I read a few weeks ago from the Purpose Driven Life-- definitely made me think of this post!

    "Fear is a self-imposed prison that will keep you from becoming what God intends for you to be. You must move against it with the weapons of faith and love."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the teenage back years ago! That quote is amazing. Thank you for sharing!!

      Delete
  2. Great post, Nichole! I really enjoyed reading your take on F.E.A.R. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really looking forward to reading this post & it didn't disappoint! :) Fear certainly is the unknown. I once found a quote that really struck a chord with me...'hope is the only thing stronger than fear'.
    Lets step out of our comfort zone & take on the world?! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes let's! I LOVE that quote! So happy it didn't disappoint<3

      Delete
  4. What a great blogpost. I will try to think about those lovely qoutes (especially the first one) the next time I am afraid of doing something. I want to really step out of my comfort zone this summer and you have given me the perfect motivation post for that now.
    xx Lisa

    followinglisa.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Lisa I'm so happy to hear that!! Id love to know how it's all going:))

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...